Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rodarte & Pics from fashion week

SO for classes weve had to keep watch of fashion week. Alexandre Herchcovitch, I thought, had a great collection and some what reminded me of a few characterisitcs of my clown collection but... I this collection is so rad. Lots of colors and interesting combinations of shapes and really appropriate fabric choice which I think totally works for the pieces.
Hah..so my fashion professors are sick of 80s inspired collections. Betsey Johnson was one of a small number who served a fairly good 80s collection. I do like the outfits but I just think they're repititive and have been seen before. I do, however like it alot and would wear most of the dresses.


I first read about Rodarte in Nylon and wanted to look more into it. The collection IS COMPLETELY insane in the best way possible. ughhh.. There weren't really any pictures but here's a link to a video style.com offers which is def a must see...! I would kill to meet Kate and Mulleavy, who are the designers fo Rodarte. They are inspired by cinema films and are dark and are made of complete fantasticness. http://www.style.com/fashionshows/designerdirectory/RODARTE/video/


Off to study for textiles test and do more sketches 8n/
Love

XoXo Dan

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I know Fashion Week is like the biggest event in the fashion world. But how long does it go on, where is it, and who goes? Sorry i'm a newbie to fashion. trying to get the gist of it all

    ReplyDelete